Wednesday 17 August 2011

Let the count down begin!

So in 5 days time I will be flying out to Ethiopia with 6 other people. Started getting excited at last but still worried that i don't have all the right stuff to take out with me- lack of money means that I'm just gonna have to make do with what I've got!! Aaaand I'm moving house on Friday (19th) which makes packing so much more interesting.

In other news, on Friday (12th August) I was almost at the point of thinking I was never going to raise all the money, and worried sick about it. I had £1000 left to raise for India, and £500 of it needed to be sent off before Ethiopia... so I had a week to raise it. I was panicking and praying like nobodies business, I really felt there was nothing more I could do. BUT just when I thought all hope was lost, the very next day I received a letter from a trust that I applied to a month or so ago, with a cheque enclosed for £450. I put all my faith in God and he provided. So yeah I'm still worried about raising the rest of the money but with Gods help and the generosity of friends and family, I'm starting to believe I can do it again.


Watch this space! x

No comments:

Post a Comment