Wednesday 22 February 2012

I can't think of a title for this blog, blog.

I'm afraid I don't have much content for this blog post. I'm pretty just gonna fill it with pictures instead. You know when you're a child (saying that, I still do this) and you say you're going to 'read a book' but you end up just looking at the pictures? That's pretty much what this is, but you don't need to pretend to the teacher that you've read anything.


On the 16th Feb, we were meant to be going to visit the hostel but due to the crazy amount of rain in the pretty epic storm the night before, we couldn't go there. So instead we went to babycare all day! Baby care is run by the same people as GNCEM (Who run Hatibagan Mobile School). 

The baby care day also starts with a breakfast of cornflakes and milk.

Sneaking Selma some of my biscuit... Shh!

The gorgeous Selma.

Naomi playing with the children.

Josh helping to make dinner!

Learning about the wheels on the bus.

This is where my immaturity comes out a little bit- we just found it so funny when she started singing about her middle fingers! What ARE they teaching the children here!

Yummy!

Dinner time!

The most chilled kid ever. Shortly after I took this photo another baby sat on him and started playing with his belly and he didn't even flinch. 

Nap time!

Sleepy head. 

So that's baby care! What else can I show you photos of?! Oh yeah! On the night of the 19th, me, Ellen and Naomi decided to do some face masks!! 

Attractive huh?!

Yesterday us girls went sari shopping with Anu which was great. We each bought ourselves a beautiful new sari to wear on my birthday :) Photos will be up after 20th March! Yesterday was also Shrove Tuesday, or pancake day. Anu let us borrow her kitchen to make some pancakes! They were very nice- Not quite like home but still yummy! Topped with the traditional lemon and honey (the others had nutella)- nom nom nom!

Flipping pancakes- Indian style!

Josh making pancakes

Naomi

Ellen

Anu- the pro.

Jason- our honorary team member from New Zealand.


So there's my photo blog. Check out these videos that Josh has made of our time so far!


Enjoy! 

Peace and love 

Harris (my name according to the children at school) 


No comments:

Post a Comment