Friday 18 November 2011

One month down!

So here marks our one month India anniversary! And what fun we have had so far! Ups and downs of course, but we are all having an awesome time. This is the part where I should really recap over the past month, but that would take farrrrr too long, so if you're that interested, just flick through my past posts, I pretty much cover everything there. Cheers then.


Wow I haven't written for a while.. I didn't realise. Heres a quick catch up:


Friday 11th- School, visited Mother Teresa's house. We saw her bedroom where she spent her last years, read about her history, saw some of the things she owned/used (Including a bit of tube that was inserted into her throat when she was ill... pretty weird to have that on display next to a pair of scissors she used to use....) But it was good to go and check it out and we would all like to volunteer there some time so it was good to check it out. That evening we went to Little Sisters again.... And had noodles for dinner (this is always an exciting time for me)


Saturday 12th- Went to the train station to book our holiday tickets to Goa, stopping off for 2 days in Mumbai on the way back! Exciting times! I hope the 6 days travel to get there and back is worth it!!


Sunday 13th- Went to the church next door- Circular road Baptist Chapel- Erm... Lets just say... an entire service of hymns and talking about what God thinks of tax and politics is not my cup of tea. Luckily that evening we went to AG again to S.O.A.R which is the service for young people, so I got my Jesus fix for the day.


Monday 14th- Mine and Chris' 11 month anniversary! <3 Went to school.


Tuesday 15th- School- making Christmas cards, had dinner at Anu's house- Pasta with tomato saucey stuff followed by ice cream... Tasted like home! It was aaamaze. Thank you mummy Anu!!!


Wednesday 16th - Freeset which was great as usual.


Thursday 17th - School  (64 kids!! Its normally closer to 50!), we decided to go out for a walk after school but as we got to the gate the guard handed me and Naomi parcels from home!! Mine was filled with sweets and chocolate (Thank you mummy!) and also a MASSIVE hug from Nana:

Me enjoying a hug from Nana.

This hug now stretches across the length of our room, hugging us allll day every day.

Love you Nana!

So thank you to Mama, Nana and Humpty for that exciting gift!! Made Harriet happy. Love you all lots.
Also on the 17th- Had naan bread for the very first time. Also exciting.

So that leads me nicely onto today. The 18th. 
Today was not just any day at school, today we went to the ZOO with school! They all dressed up in their gorgeous little shirts and dresses that they bring out for special occasions such as this, and off we went. Such excitement among the children!! 




When we got to the zoo, they had some brief breakfast then they were off!  100 types of deer, giraffes, tigers, lions, birds, crocodiles, elephants...... 

Getting a bit excited over the animals.

Elephants!

My personal favourite... BEAR!!

Me and Bina. My cling-on! 

Water break.

Smiles all round.

Queuing up to go home!

A little conga line they had going on!

Me and Bina again- These kids LOVE being upside down! 

Ellen and Piya (AKA Monkey) on the bus home.

It was a pretty good day, the kids were (mostly) happy, one lost her shoe in the river and a few fell over but what do you expect from hyper kids on a school trip?!
So that's my blog up to date! Tomorrow is Saturday so we get a lie in! This makes me happy. 
I'm afraid my quick wit and top notch comedy is lacking in this post. It could be because I'm tired... Maybe because I've used it all up on my team mates this week? Who knows! But I hope you enjoyed it none the less. 


Peaaaace,


Harriet xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Dear Hazza,
    We think this is wonderful.
    We like the zoo.
    It is one of the things of Zs all-time list of favourite things.
    We are glad that you are having a splendid time.
    No doubt talk soon.
    Lots of love and abuse (comedy at your expense) from the real TK (you should be TI).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Na na na. You should be TEE. We are TK. Thanks for reading my blog :) Love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are having fun. Enjoy Goa.. It will be worth it, and just think of all the things to see on the journey!

    What super pictures agin Harriet, keep them coming.
    And thats a gorgeous sari that is being worn in your picture! Xxx Chris (I cant really get the hang of what all these options are, but choose one and try it, and eventually it lets me post my comment!! x

    ReplyDelete