Friday 2 December 2011

A post from M Harriej.

Another apology for not doing a blog in so long! My once a week plan didn't work out so great!! 
So I have spent a lot of time in prayer these last few weeks, talking and spending time with God. I sound really holy right? Its mainly because I have been bed bound for a whole week with a fever etc, unable to move or eat, so it was the perfect time to be totally focused on God. 

Me for most of the week, wrapped in blankets feeling sorry for myself.

With too much time on my hands, I also did a few quick sketches, here's a couple I'm not totally ashamed of.

Children at school.

One of the children from school.

So after a week of this madness, I managed to drag myself out to go to the evening service at church on the 27th. I was determined to leave my bed and get out of the guesthouse... And I wanted to join the team in our usual Sunday evening meal out, even though I could still hardly eat. 
My first day back at work was Tuesday 29th, School in the morning and then little sisters that evening. I was still aching but feeling a lot better. Now you know I said I spent a lot of time in prayer? A lot of that time was spent praying for healing for one of the little girls at school (who I consider my Indian child), Bina. 
Meet Bina, isn't she beautiful?!

Bina has really bad ears. They are often bleeding and I think its much more than just an external problem. She is often cupping her ears as though she is in a lot of pain. So I have been pretty worried about her, and really wanting to do something about it, but not sure what. So I figured that prayer is the strongest weapon. 
I was then ill all week so couldn't go to school to see her, but on Tuesday when I went, one of her ears looked totally healed. I know I can't see whats going on inside but she seemed so much happier, she was leaning on my shoulder without any problems. Very exciting stuff!! 


That Tuesday afternoon we went out and I bought a memory stick. When I went to the counter to pay, the lady asked me for my name. I was slightly confused because I'm not used to people needing my name in order for me to buy things, so in my confusion I hesitated and said 'Erm... Harriet' ... Check out what she wrote as my name: 
My new Indian name.


Can you believe it is December already? Christmas is on its way! I can't decide if I am excited or kinda dreading it. It will be good fun and an experience, but being away from home is going to be hard. 
We have to decorate the guesthouse soon so that should be good fun, and the staff are doing a Christmas sketch for us and we are doing one for them also so that will be a laugh. 
The 14th December will be a particularly hard day for me, as it is mine and Chris' 1 year anniversary, and I won't even get a cuddle :( 

On a happier note, I got a parcel from mummy today with advent calenders in it for each of us! Very exciting so thank you mummy!! 


I am feeling a lot better, and apart from aching every now and then, I am pretty much healthy. Touch wood. But apparently what I had has a tendency of coming back so prayer for that not to happen would be much appreciated! 


Eshor ashirbaad korben,
(God Bless you)


M Harriej x

No comments:

Post a Comment