Sunday 13 May 2012

Week two - Tiverton. (Or Tivarrtaaan)

Two weeks down!

This week was spent in Tiverton at Tiverton Baptist Church. I'm still struggling to be positive about this whole tour business. I pretty much just want to go home and stay home now! And knowing I will only have about 2 months at home before going to university makes me want to go home as soon as possible. Buuut I don't let it get the better of me and I'm keeping up the smile as always! That's enough negativity for one blog, here's what we have been up to this week:
Monday: Arrived in Tiverton and met Pastor Philip and his wife Margaret. Met the lady us girls are staying with - Sarah. She's absolutely hilarious and we all get on with her really well. The first time we entered her house a blue tit also flew in and we spent the first 15mins chasing it round with a towel and a tennis racket! Best way to break the ice! 

Tuesday: Held an assembly at Castle primary school and then went to a bible study that evening. It was on revelation... I am definitely still just as confused as I was to begin with. 
Wednesday: Day off. We spent today making the most of not having to do anything. Just chilled out at Liz's house. Liz is the youth leader at the church and also the lady who organised our week. We also made Josh a pretty epic cake as it was his birthday the next day. 
A train with 9 carriages!

Thursday: Josh's birthday. Assembly at St Johns primary school in the morning and then another one at Heathcoat primary in the afternoon. In the evening we went to a prayer and share evening where we gave a 30min presentation of our time in India. 
Friday: Took the Christian Union at Tiverton High School. In the evening we had a nice movie and meal night at Liz's with some other people from the church. 
Saturday: Pretty much a second day off as we didn't have anything to do until the evening. The weather was amazing though so me and Naomi went out for a walk and then relaxed in the garden for most of the day which was amazing (yeaaah I did get sunburnt).



 In the evening we went to a BBQ at Sarah's parents (Barbara and Aubrey) farm house. It was a lovely evening. 
Sunset over the fields

Sunday: We took the whole service at church which went okay. Our first time doing the entire service. Its strange as I never really get nervous before doing something but as soon as I'm up on the stage holding the mic my heart starts going so fast I can barely talk! I have issues. 
Tiverton Baptist Church

This evening we went to a Barn Praise service and had a brief interview which seemed quite well received! I love it when people in the audience go 'mmmm' and 'Amen' and nod along!


If you have a minute or two spare (Which you must do as you chose to read my blog- no excuses) read this:



Dear You,
Yeah, you. The one reading this.
Even the fact that you’ve stumbled across these words is further proof of the point that I’m about to make. Don’t believe for a second that you’re reading this by mistake.
Allow me to let you in on something you may or may not already know (or believe). If they’re words you’ve already heard, that’s alright, let them sink in one more time. Because Truth is something that never tires.
You, are invaluable. 
Let me dig a little deeper into the meaning of that word to paint a clearer picture for you. The dictionary defines the word invaluable like this:
“beyond calculable or appraisable value; of inestimable worth; priceless.”
Here’s where the problem lies; you search for and attempt to find your value in so many other places than it’s true source.
“If only I had a body that looked like this…”
“If I have sex with him/her, then at least I’ll be worth something to someone…”
“I’m single. If I was really worth as much as you say I am, at least one guy/girl would pursue me…” 
The only dictionary you should ever use to define your worth is the one that was written by my Savior. I don’t know if you’ve met him yet, but his name is Jesus Christ. His Word says a few things about who you are: you are his precious, beautiful, daughter/son. It’s been awhile, but if I remember correctly they taught us all the way back in elementary school that by definition, the daughter of a king is referred to as a Princess, and the son a Prince. They are to be cherished, honored, admired, and revered. To disrespect them, is to disrespect the king. But don’t be mistaken, you aren’t just the daughter or son of any king; you are the beloved daughter or son of the King of Kings.
God knit you together in your mother’s womb and created you in His very own image. He refers to you, as His masterpiece. The Creator’s greatest creation. Pause for a moment and let that sink in.
For those reasons alone, your value is intrinsic and irrevocable.
It doesn’t matter what you’ve done or what’s been done to you. It doesn’t matter how dark of a past you might have or how broken you may be.
Your value cannot be damaged, destroyed or even diminished.
So please, let the Truth scream louder than the lies.
Next time you hear a voice that tells you that you aren’t worth it, that you have no value, or that you’re unlovable, know this; there is a Love that was purchased for you on the cross. A Love that determined that you were worth dying for. And single, married, or anything in between that Love always has been and always will be passionately pursuing you. So run towards it and embrace it. And never forget that because of that Love, your value is not dictated by whether or not you have a man or woman pursuing you.
Maybe you’re thinking, “I’m too broken for a love like that.” And if that’s you, I am sorry. I’m sorry that you had to experience whatever it is that left you broken. Let me say this: until you bring Him all of the broken pieces, He cannot begin to put them back together. But when you bring them to Him, I promise you that He’ll put them back together more complete and whole than they were before. Because He is a God who makes beauty from the brokenness.
In the same way that His Love cannot be earned, it cannot be lost or taken from you. So breathe easy, because there is nothing you could ever do that could make Him love you less.
Let that be enough.
Rest in that.
Because that is truth.



No comments:

Post a Comment