Tuesday 29 May 2012

Week four - Pembroke association, Pembrokeshire, Wales.

As you will have seen from the end of my last blog, we arrived at where we would be staying in Broadhaven last Monday which is literally a 30 second walk to the beach. It was absolutely gorgeous and the sun shone the whole week. Thanks God! 
We weren't based with one church this week. We went around various churches all belonging to the Pembroke association. 
We spent a lot of time on the beach, pretty much any spare time we had was spent down there. It was particularly beautiful in the evenings when the sun was setting.




This week hasn't been very busy which has been really nice. Time to try and relax and with the beach so close, it was ideal. Tuesday 22nd was our first proper day, and the busiest. We did an assembly first thing, a ladies meeting and a church service and meal at Fishguard. The service was one of the best we've done yet so that was really good. Its so much easier to talk to people who are jokey and outgoing. Pretty much takes away my nerves so I can talk without 'umm'ing every other word. 
That evening I went back to Glenys' house (where I was staying for the week), got into my pjs, then decided I wanted a glass of water before bed. So I went downstairs and it wasn't until I got down and was talking to her did I realise that this is what my pj top was:

Now Glenys is an old, very devout Christian. Not sure she would appreciate this! So I quickly folded my arms across me and escaped as fast as I could. Hopefully she understood that this t-shirt actually means well.


Wednesday 23rd was free until later on in the afternoon. In the morning we went for a walk along the beach as the weather was just beautiful. In the evening we went to Mount Pleasant to do another service. Its hard for us to tell if it goes well now as we're so used to doing pretty much the same thing every day, but it was well received so can't have been that bad. 


On Thursday 24th we went to a coffee morning at a lovely lovely house up a lovely lovely hill! (This won't make much sense if you've not seen Saving Grace). But it really was! And the view was outstanding. It was nice to do a talk outside in the sun! In the afternoon we went to a primary school and taught a year three lesson there. In the evening we went to Bethesda church to lead two youth groups. It was not easy!! That evening when we got home we went down to the beach to watch the sunset.



Friday 25th I went down to the beach on my own for a couple of ours to have a bit of me time, get away from everything and spend some time with God. No better location to do it really!
In the evening we went to a little chapel in Sutton to do a service. There weren't many people there but we sold quite a lot of Freeset products so it was worth it! 


Saturday was our day off which I spent either on the beach or in the garden enjoying the weather. 




Sunday 27th we lead the morning service at Bethlehem chapel. It was a really small congregation so it wasn't too bad. We had a roast for dinner and then about 2 hours later had a BBQ at a youth group! So much food! We played a few games with the youth and then did a short talk. And in the evening we went to a lovely home group. 


On Monday we had to go to Didcot for a meeting with a couple of guys from BMS... Its a long story. And once that was done and after an interesting journey of trains terminating early, getting on the wrong train and heavy bags on windy staircases, we got to Naomi's town of Littlehampton. 


Another home, another bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment