Monday 4 June 2012

Week five - Littlehampton (Naomi's home)

Its been a good week here in Littlehampton. I don't think I've ever eaten so many ice creams in one week! We arrived on the 28th May but we got here quite late, so things didn't kick off until Tuesday. After a meeting at the church with the pastor, Naomi's dad Steve took us out to play crazy golf. I came 3rd out of 6.. Not too bad! 

Me and Archie, Naomi's brother.

On the 30th we went to a primary school to do the year 5/6 assembly. We thought it went okay but it was good to hear that the head teacher had actually phoned and left a message to say how good it was! Loving the positiveness! In the afternoon we held Cameo which is the old people group at the church which was good. Old people are always so lovely!

On the 31st we did another primary school assembly. It went really well- especially dressing the head teacher (male) in a sari! The kids loved it! That evening we had a curry night (yay) and talk at the church. Its difficult knowing what to say so you don't end up repeating yourself to the same groups of people but I think it went alright. 

1st June! Officially entered our last month of tour! Today we did another two primary school assemblies- another success I think. 

The 2nd was The Big Church Day Out which was amaaazing. We saw:
Lou Fellingham and Phatfish
Rend Collective Experiment
Leeland
Newworldson
Phil Wickham
Newsboys
Israel Houghton
and Worship Central with Tim Hughes
It was a brilliant day. By the time Tim Hughes was on it was chucking it down with rain... Like storm rain. It was so heavy and we got drenched through (no I didn't have a coat) but it just made it an even better experience. The atmosphere was like no other- God was there. 








Sunday 3rd we dressed up in our Sari's once again and took part in the morning service. We even sung, on the stage, into microphones, with the worship band. Its been a long time since I've done that but it was kinda nice. However, I'm not very good at standing still when I'm singing but the baptism pool was below me which meant the temporary floor boards were pretty wobbly so I had to try and stand still. That could have been interesting.


So its the end of another week, and today we head back to IMC in Birmingham for a few days. I can't wait to see all the other action teamers again. Its gonna be a well needed break for all of us I think. 
Its been quite a difficult week for me in terms of missing home. I think the last few weeks are gonna be the hardest as they're pretty much all at peoples home churches. All the families are lovely it just makes me miss my home more. And the others are all excited about going home and giving me a daily countdown that just makes me feel worse as its so long until I get to go home. But as Nana tells me, there's a lot more to be grateful for than negative about. 


'The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing' - Zephaniah 3:17

1 comment:

  1. Rosemary Temple4 June 2012 at 02:30

    Love that verse Harriet - He is definitely rejoicing over you with singing - how lovely! Can't wait to see you again - but I am GLAD that you are now more than half way through your tour! Love you loads. Nana xxx

    ReplyDelete