Wednesday 13 June 2012

Short "break" at IMC and onto week 6- Colchester Road, Ipswich (Josh's church)

I have a total of 2 photos for this blog. So if you're the kind of person who prefers to just 'look at the pictures', I would press your 'click to go back' button rouuund about now. Its okay, it's the thought that counts.

So on Monday 4th we left Littlehampton and headed back to IMC for a 3 day break. It was so great to see all the other action teamers and catch up. We also went to Drayton Manor for a day which was great fun but just wore us out even more! But probably good to keep going for a bit as by the end of the few days I was starting to feel a bit under the weather as I was beginning to wind down.... Bad idea. 

On Thursday 7th we traveled to Colchester road baptist church, Ipswich, which is Josh's home church.
Me and Naomi are staying with a lovely older couple from the church who provided us with the best towels we have had so far on tour: (Yep, you guessed it, here's the two photos!)

I was slightly envious that Naomi got Thomas.


Delightful.

Whilst here we have:
- Done a presentation for the oldie group (one man spent a lot of the conversation time talking about the war, he was deaf, I'm not sure he even knew why he was there. Gotta love old people.)
- Went to the cinema on our day off (Snow white and the huntsman)
- Morning and evening church services on Sunday (Our goal is to make people cry, we succeeded.)
- Primary school assembly (Kids love to volunteer)
- Secondary school assembly (Year 10's hate volunteering)
- Helped out at a coffee bar (Total of 8 people... only 4 accepted a love heart)
- Helped out at a youth group (Watched the boys play fifa, learnt the 'offside rule')
- Helped at mums and toddlers (Cute!)
- Talked at home groups (Loving the prayerful support)
Its been a busyish week, dreading next week though, we are organising and leading an entire youth weekend away..............

'The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters, 
He refreshes my soul. 
He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, 
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; 
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.'
- Psalm 23

1 comment:

  1. Love your blogs, and you :) Psalm 23 is a great Psalm, hold on it x liz x

    ReplyDelete