Monday 23 April 2012

Adjusting back to life in the UK...

Being back at IMC has been fun as always. Playing games, laughing, drinking copious amounts of hot chocolate and tea- obviously working hard as well!!


We've even been brushing each others teeth/face apparently! (Polly's idea..)


Kinda ended up all over my face though. Cheers Pols.

Throughout our first week at IMC (International Mission Centre) we have had many sessions on various things preparing us for tour. As part of training, we went back to Queens Road Baptist Church in Coventry which we went to as our "training church" before going to India. We went back here to kinda report back about everything we had done overseas, and to also use again as our training church before properly going "on tour". 

We arrived Friday and that evening we were taken bowling by the youth leaders Neeta, Angela and Raj who are amazing (and, conveniently, Indian.) It was loads of fun, they're all so laid back and outgoing. 

Ang wasn't so good at staying behind the lines...

Making bowling more interesting with posing before throwing the ball

Everyone

I lost pretty badly but it was great fun. We also found this hurricane simulator which was hilarious.



After effects.

So on Saturday night we held a quiz night at the church which included rounds of questions about us, our time away, the projects we worked with and about India in general. It went down really well and everyone enjoyed the evening. 

Setting up for the evening. 

(None of this is important really. All that matters is Polly.The best thing about this year has been meeting her. My life would have been incomplete without her. A life-changing meeting some might say. May as well end this blog now because that's all you need to know really. Safe.) - Polly stole my computer and threatened me to keep this here. 


Sunday morning we dressed up in our Indian attire and started the service with the "all age" slot in the morning, talking about God's purpose for us, and then after some worship we did a 20min report on our time in India, talked about Kolkata and the main projects we were involved in.




Being prayed for.


After this we went into the youth group to see them and chat with them and then when the service was over we mingled and answered all the same questions from almost every member of the church until around 1ish when we went for lunch at a lady from the church's house and relaxed at hers until about 5.30 when we went back to church to give a more in depth report on our time overseas. We split it into 3 slots. 1. Our projects, 2. Thoughts and feelings, 3. Stories. 
I kinda knew it would happen but talking back through everything we did and saw really brings it back to life, and makes everything seem real. When we were there we witnessed everything but never really processed everything. Now we are back and we are on track to sorting out everything in our heads, its hitting a lot harder. I was shaking talking about how I struggled walking around the red light district. And that evening when I got home, I got into bed and just broke down. Its not something I have ever liked to talk about, I very very rarely get emotional or let my guard down in front of people so I've always been one to go for the bed time breakdowns. (Don't worry, this is nothing to worry about! I swear I am happy like 95% of time) I'm even pretty uncomfortable with typing this now, but I promised I would keep my faithful readers up to date with my journey, and I think this is a big part. Things are hitting home. Its not easy, but its bringing me even closer to God, so for that I need to be grateful. 



'Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.....
...Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.....


....Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.' -James 1:2-18


So yeah. Don't bring the whole crying thing up when talking to me cause I will quickly change the subject. Thanks.


Got back to IMC today and its so good being back with the other teams, even after just one weekend. :) 
Back into sessions tomorrow. Its been busy but good so far. 


Here's to the next 8 weeks (She says with worry in her eyes)


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment