Sunday 18 September 2011

"Errrm.... Can I borrow some Pj's?".....

Got back from our weekend away at our training church in Coventry today. The people were lovely as expected. On Friday night we witnessed the hundreds of youths (mainly doing D of E) that take over the church and run riot! Friday night madness! My host family were a lovely couple called Geoff and Lizzie who were very hospitable and not only did I trade in my bunk bed for a double bed for the weekend, I also got bacon sandwiches both mornings- Bliss! The only slip up I had was forgetting to bring my pjs...... After knowing this couple for less then 2 hours I had to ask Lizzie if I could borrow some pjs... I stood in my room umming and ahhing over what I should do but finally decided that I just had to man up and ask! Luckily she had a new pair she let me borrow! Then Saturday we met the Minister Keith, who gave us his 'words of wisdom' for the coming 9 months, then gave us a tour around Coventry. Hes like a hyper child- so funny! 
Old Cathedral. 

Saturday afternoon we had free so Judith (the lady organizing everything with the church for us) took us to Stratford Upon Avon which was lovely. We visited Shakespeare's birth place.....
I think I make a good Shakespeare!

Then dragged Josh around all the charity shops :) His first real glimpse of spending 6 months with 3 girls! We may leave him behind when we go sari shopping! 


This morning we went to church and got asked the same questions by every member of the church... Suppose we better get used to that! After being humiliated (I embraced it but others were slightly embarrassed) by having to stand up in front of church and sing (and do the actions!) to Our God is a great big God- we then went out to the various younger groups to see what happened out there. We spent most of it with the youths which was great. You can tell that its such a safe place for them. Many of them make their own way there as their parents don't go to church. Such an inspiration. After church we went back to a couples house for lunch then headed back to IMC. Our home away from home! Its kinda nice to be back with everyone and we had a lovely worship and prayer session this evening where one of the team going to Peru (Rob) asked me if I have been feeling like I kinda need to look after the team and make sure everythings going to plan and if I had been worrying about it and stuff (which is correct) and he said that when we were praying he felt like God was saying that I don't need to worry about sorting everything out cause thats his job. I just need to enjoy it. It was great to hear that. I prayed yesterday for reassurance that doing this year is the right thing to do, and that I need to know Gods in it and that I'm not going in blind and alone... and then today Rob said that to me. Praise God. :)


Anyway I was meant to go to bed almost 2hrs ago but got distracted... Quite a long post today so I hope its not too boring!


Lots of love x

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant sweetheart...I am so excited for you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's amazing and so are you! In that order!!
    Love your profile- I want to be like you!

    Love you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this sometimes, because we don't talk at all and I miss you.. so glad your packing your life with all this scary stuff so good. Glad your meeting nice people and doing nice things. Went to see Bruce the other day, so weird the newbies are like scared mice, just like we were ><. We are all growned up Harriet! Please come see me when you eventually get back. Love you very much! Becca xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys :)
    Becca! You read my blog! I'm so happy. I never want to go back to that place again, Bruce/Charles/Jean is defiantly someone I'm not planning on seeing in a hurry! Was he like 'Everyone, this is Becca, she was here last year and now shes going to Falmouth, you know Falmouth, to study Illustration!' ? LOL. We are so grown up.
    Love yoooou xx

    ReplyDelete