Monday 12 September 2011

First day at training...

After getting over my headache from holding back the tears, I set out on my way to Birmingham. My case weighs a tonne.. which resulted in a bit of embarrassment on the train when it got stuck in the holder thing and NO ONE offered to help! It also caused to me to get blisters on my hands from pulling it to IMC.. the walk here was much longer than I thought it would be!! Never again. I did get to the IMC and realise I actually packed a lot more then I will probably need haha. Oh well I shouldn't run out of clothes!
Meeting the people on my team has been great. They're all lovely and I look forward to spending more time getting to know them in the next few weeks. One thing we found out today which I'm NOT happy about..... Breakfast is at 7.45. SEVEN FORTY FIVE! Who gets up at that time?!
Anyway, seeing as I have a mental start in the morning I better get to bed. I won't write on here every day but I'll do my best to keep you posted :)
Peace and Love x

4 comments:

  1. You are so brave!!! I can't believe no one helped you with your obviously over packed case...lesson learnt there then!...leave more behind for Rosie and I to 'borrow'!! Hope you cope with the early start...tee hee!! Love you loads, can't wait to hear more about your adventure!
    Big hug xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I obviously have more faith in people then i should have!! I don't think I need to leave more behind I just think I need to think more carefully about what I'm packing!! Get more lightweight stuff!! The early start is going to be brutal- sharing 3 showers, 3 toilets and one mirror with 11 girls should be interesting!!!
    Love you lots. Big hug back! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Harriet, we are so impressed with what you are doing. Hope we get a chance to see you before you go to India, you are often in our thoughts and conversations, lots of love. X Andora & family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi our Hairy Pet! We love you and are praying for you as you step out on this BIG adventure. Sorry we didn't get to see you last week but looking forward already to spending a bit of time with you before you finally jet off to the other side of the world. Hope you have lots of fun and learn lots too! Hey - 7.45? That's the middle of the day here - try rising at 6 every morning, 7 days a week! (motto of that is, don't vere run a B&B!) Love you masses. Nana xxx

    ReplyDelete