Thursday 15 September 2011

Getting to know the team

Its day 4 (I think) of training here at IMC (International Mission Centre) and its going great. The people are lovely and its so refreshing to be around like minded, good hearted (is hearted a word? its coming up with a red squigly line under it haha), faithful Christians. We have packed so much into these past few days it almost feels like we should have been here 2 weeks already! We have had lessons on talking to groups of people (telling a story etc), deep faith, cultural awareness... and today we pretty much went through and learnt the whole of the old testament... Intense. 
I may have mentioned my team previously but they are all lovely. Heres a picture of our smiling faces: 
Ellen, Naomi, Josh, Me.

And heres a picture of all of us:

We have a couple of days starting tomorrow at a training/placement church in Coventry (me and the India team). We have 2 weekends there in total, this one and one in 2 weeks times. This Friday (tomorrow) we will attend the youth evening thing and get to know the youths, and the weekend we will just be chatting to people and getting to know the church and stuff and then in 2 weeks we will be doing more hands on stuff... don't quite know what yet... Could be interesting! 
I'm not taking my netbook to Coventry with me though so I'll report back on Sunday evening or Monday! 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment